Buletinup - Have you ever encountered error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG in Google Chrome browser, Firefox, IE or other Browser. This error occurs in your Browser because DNS lookup Fails when loading web pages for you.
This error does not matter which version of Windows you are using, it is an Internet Connection Error and is displayed in Browser. Bad_Config error is quite common.
How to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG
Method 1: Release / Renew IP Address.
In this method, you will release your ip address and then update it again. If there is a Problem with your IP address then this method should work for you. Just Follow These Steps:
Step 1: Open Command Prompt (cmd) By Pressing Windows + R key combination to open run. Now type "cmd" and press Enter.
Alternatively, you can Press Windows Key + X, then click on Command Prompt (A dmin).
Step 2: Now your Command Prompt is ready, Type ipconfig / release then hit enter.
Step 3: Now type again ipconfig / renew and hit enter. This will Renew your IP address.
Step 4: Close Command Prompt and try to open your Browser, then try the test again.
Method 2: Flushing DNS.
In this Method we will do Flushing DNS to Solve error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG .. Follow these steps.
- First open the Command prompt.
- Type "ipconfig / flushdns" without Quotes and press Enter.
- You can see your dns succuessfully Flushed.
- Open your Browser and see if the problem is still ad
Method 3: Tweaking DNS Settings.
If the above two methods do not help you to fix error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG then Use this method. Follow the steps below
- Right-click on the Network icon in the taskbar and then click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now from the left panel, locate and click Change Adapter Settings.
- You will be presented with a new window with all Network Connections, right-click on the active connection and select Properties.
- Now look for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4), Double Click to open Properties.
- In the Properties Window, Click Use DNS Server Addresses Following and Type 220.127.116.11 in Preferred DNS Servers and 18.104.22.168 in the Alternative DNS Server Same as shown in Figure below. Then Click OK.